Pringles Prints™ launched in July 2004 with a 3-month back-to-school in/out promotion featuring Trivial Pursuit Jr. This partnership between P&G and Hasbro was the first for Prints and negotiated by Stafford.
The partnership agreement with Hasbro was executed at the corporate, not brand level. It provided the framework to activate multiple-promotions across multiple brands.
This partnership also provided Stafford the opportunity to negotiate in-store activation with Toys “R” Us (see below).
Two Separate Pringles Promotions
- Pringles Prints™ – U.S.
- Pringles Prints™ – Canada
Watch North American :30sec TV Spot
Watch Jay Leno Joke About ‘Pringles Prints
- Ten’s of millions Pringles Prints™ cans and Snack Stack packs
- Thousands of Trivial Pursuit Jr. questions and answers printed on crisp (many never before released)
- Thousands of Pringles Prints™ free standing retail displays
- Dedicated :30 second and :15 sec TV spot run on broadcast, cable & syndication
- FSI: P&G Brand Saver coupon insert delivered to over 50MM HH’s.
- BrandSaver.com e-mail newsletter drop to 2MM users
- Exclusive Toys ‘R’ Us retail customization (featured the sale of Pringles for the first time in TRU stores)
- Exclusive Safeway retail customization (Hasbro TP Jr. display)
- Public Relations Campaign
Toys “R” Us Retail Customization
The Trivial Pursuit promotion offered a unique opportunity for Stafford to leverage the partnership and develop an alternative channel of Pringles distribution. The TRU program featured a free standing Pringles display set beside a floor stack of the Trivial Pursuit Jr. game at prime locations in all TRU stores across the U.S.
Safeway Retail Customization
At Safeway Pringles and Hasbro joined forces in an exclusive promotion and consumer offer. The Read’em…then Eat’em promotion included a special Hasbro free standing display, carrying the promotion and Trivial Pursuit games, plus a coupon insert into the Safeway flyer and local newspaper ads.
Consumers received (3) cans of Pringles or (1) 8-pack of Snack Stacks FREE with the purchase of Trivial Pursuit Jr. at participating Safeway stores.
Activated in partnership with the re-branded Trivial Pursuit for Kids
Share this Page
Pringles® is a registered trademark of The Procter & Gamble Company.
TRIVIAL PURSUIT® is a registered trade-mark of Horn Abbot Ltd.
©2004 Hasbro. The PARKER BROTHERS and HASBRO names and logos are trademarks of Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Project executed under a consulting contract between Shaky Egg Communications Inc. and GREY Alliance.